Frankie and Lola (ABN 52 854 194 393) is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation, such as the Spam Act and the Do Not Call Register Act.
What we collect and how we collect it
Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable. For example, if you:
- provide details to join our mailing list or database to receive information about, for example, new products and promotions, we may collect your name and contact details
- make a purchase online or when you otherwise set up an online account, we will collect your name, contact details, order details, credit card details, delivery address and we may also ask you to provide your date of birth and gender
- provide information via social media pages such as providing your name or contact details via the Frankie and Lola Facebook page or Instagram accounts or other social media sites or Apps
- enter a competition or complete a survey, in online or printed format, we may collect your name and contact details
- send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback through our online form or by email, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response
Collection of personal information through our website
Information is automatically collected through your use of the Frankie and Lola website, through cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites or apps may place on your computer or device. Most often, cookies are used to recognise repeat users of websites and remember user preferences. We may collect this information both anonymously and in relation to user accounts. Cookies are also used to allow the website to track usage behaviour and aggregate data to allow Frankie and Lola to customise a user’s experience on our website. The information is used and disclosed by Frankie and Lola for purposes including statistical analysis and to assist Frankie and Lola to improve the functionality and usability of the website.
Why we collect personal information
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- processing transactions online, and delivering products and services
- to provide any associated loyalty program
- promoting Frankie and Lola and its products and services, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties. (We may also use and disclose de-identified data for these purposes)
- helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers, and to help us selectively target promotional offers and opportunities
- developing or seeking to deliver new ranges of products or services
- answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- general planning and administration
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
Direct marketing and opting out
By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to Frankie and Lola, you consent to Frankie and Lola contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS or telephone. You can opt out of being contacted by:
- contacting us by email at email@example.com; or
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages to opt out of receiving those messages.
Email and mobile communication
If you provide us with an email address or phone number, you consent to electronic communication such as notices or reminders being sent to you via that address or number. You may prefer to provide to us with your personal email address or phone number rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues.
Who we may share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
- financial institutions for payment processing
- Frankie and Lola’s contracted service providers or partners, including: delivery and shipping providers and information technology service providers
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws
We may ask one of these third parties to contact you directly for a specific purpose, and provide us with information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant products or services.
Data quality and security
We hold personal information in a number of ways, including in printed documents, electronic databases and email contact lists. Printed documents are held at Frankie and Lola's office. We take reasonable steps to:
- ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the APPs.
You can help us keep your information up to date, by letting us know about changes to your details.
The steps we take to secure personal information include website protection measures. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact Frankie and Lola, as set out above. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
Access and correction
Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests, to make sure that the personal information we hold is properly protected.
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We will also generally provide access in the manner that you have requested (eg by providing photocopies or allowing a file to be viewed), provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. We may however charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
Complaints or questions
All complaints received will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and tell you when we expect to provide our response.
Changes to this policy